Thursday, December 29, 2011

Book Reviews

Caster Chronicles: Beautiful Chaos
By: Kami Garcia & Margaret Sthol
Good, but utterly confusing. I am captivated by this series living in the South and all. I know all too well what they mean by sweltering summers. But I am hoping that the next installment will give better insight as to what is really going on. I mean whose dark, whose light and whose pulling the strings...


Lorien Legacies: I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, & The Lost Files: Six'x Legacies
By: Pittacus Lore

I saw the movie in the Cabin on my honeymoon, as one of those free boxoffice movies they offer on cruises. I'll admit I was sucked in, and even the Mr. was into it. Of course it doesn't help my case that the main actor made me feel like a total perv, he's like what 18? The series is great and totally taps into that whole Ancient Aliens Theory thats going around ( which I also got totally duped into following). I wish the books were longer as I read these in just a few days. You can also tell they were written for a much younger audience. The movie was geared more towards a general populus and appealled to the older crowd more while still staying true to the book, mostly. I can't wait for the next installment thats due out in August, and crossing finger they make The Power of Six a Movie too!.

The Hunger Games Trilogy
By: Suzanne Collins

Ok seriously could not put these down. I had bought the first book thinking ehh I'll see what all of the hype is about... I proceeded to go to the bookstore twice (to pick up Catching FIre, and Mocking Jay)the week I read the first one. I also read all three within a week but I could not put these down. I could totally relate the Cat the main character, and pulled for Peeta the whole time I read. I just wish they would have gone into to ending a little more I felt a little cheated at the end of Mocking Jay that after so much action the resolution of the series kinda went blah!. Otherwise total LOVE!!!!
Movie I am most anxiously awaiting to watch in 2012... The costumes? The arena? Lenny Kravitz!!!!
ahh... I Die!

No comments:

Post a Comment