Thursday, December 29, 2011

Book Review

A Song Of Ice and Fire Series:
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
By George R.R. Martin



One word: Amazing!
Best series I have ever read. Captivating, Intriguing and leave you wanting more with characters you love & characters you love to hate. I am so happy that I did not come across this series until the first 4 books were out as I would have gone nuts waiting a year for the next one. I am about halfway through A Dance with Dragons and am hyperventilating while I wonder what I am going to do until the next one comes out.
The HBO series is what got me hooked on this series, it is one of the truest to the series portrayal I have seen and the character casting was superb. I like that I had a face to put to the characters as I read. And was surprised that they even used direct quotes from the book that were pivotal and did came out as bad ass vs. cheesy (ala Twilight). Can't wait for Season 2 to come out. I have it marked in my calendar and might throw a watch party for the premier... Yes! bask in my nerdiness, you know you want to. Though so much has happend in the series that when the next season airs, I am afraid I might pull a Reader Foul and let some detail out that comes up later in the series.

On that note small spoiler without giving anything away really... Littlefinger is the Uber badass, plot twist master... By far I have had the biggest chage of heart for him...

But the ideas for a watch party are already stewing in my brain.
Mulled Wine, Fur throws, Roast Ham or Shepards Pie. Jewel Tone Clothes and big colorful Baubles.
Fireplace lit with hickory chips, the ideas just keep coming...
Come april I will be squeeing...



No comments:

Post a Comment