Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wardrobe Raid-11.25.2010

Style with a Side of Turkey?

Dress: Marshall's: $12 (Clearance); Blazer: NY&Co.: $35 ($79 before 50% black friday sale); Tights: F21: $3.50; Shoes: Payless: $28.99; Scarf: AE : BOGO, Hair Bow: F21: $3.50


Well in the craziness of the day I did not manage to get a full outfit shot. But I have these the first one with the loving bf, and the second with my complacent brother.. and yes as usual we don't look realted. But we are! Only he got the white genes in the family hence the light hair & eyes.. as you can see there is just a tad of the sibling rivalry still in me.. But enough of that.  It was cold and rainy all day everywhere but our last stop which is where these pix were taken at my aunt's house.. the is after my 4 helpings of food.. yes that tiny body fit in 4 servings of food, much to my mothers scowling looks :) but I can never turn down my grandma's black beans & rice.. That's right no Cuban Thanksgiving is complete without them. You can see the dishes in the sink in the background... (see proof!)
 I had plenty to be thankful for this year, one of which was the fact that I remembered to bring all of the articles involved in this outfit to the Bf's... So we did have to go on a last minute mall raid to exchange the shoes that arrived at my house the day before in the waaay wrong size.. But the outfit revolved around the shoes and the bf new better than to stand in the way of that. So he was the best sport ever and helped me track down the right pair.. Way to start our First Thanksgiving off on the right foot! (pun intended)...I was so happy to spend this day with family & freinds and that what I made turned out good  (yes that was some self-abdicated props.. what of it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment